Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The Treasury Analyst is a key member of the Corporate Treasury Function and works on Cash Management and Global Liquidity, but is also involved in other areas such as Financial Risk Management (FX and Interest Rate Risk), Insurance, controls and SOX testing, and exposure to Capital Markets. The Corporate Treasury Team is lean, and the scope of projects and responsibilities are fluid and exciting. Key areas of focus are improving controls/risk mitigation, improving existing processes, and cost reduction.
What you’ll do here:
Global Cash Management & Forecasting
- Assists with managing the company’s daily domestic cash including setting daily cash position and reconciliation against forecast
- Assists with forecasting daily/weekly/monthly/annual cash flows for the consolidated company
- Reviews and analyzes data around vendor spend, bank fees, and cash flow trends
- Works with treasury team to execute domestic banking transactions and daily processes
- Assists with managing global cash balances and optimizing global banking operations
- Assists with managing optimal global banking structure
Global Banking Relationships and Bank Management
- Supports banking operations including account openings, closures, updates to account information, and banking signatories
- Monitors and reconciles banking fees against those recorded in General Ledger
- Supports bank fee expense analysis, budget and forecasts
- Acts as security administrator for bank portals and updates portal access and user entitlements as needed
- Prepares quarterly reporting on global cash balances and outstanding letters of credit
- Assists in documentation of Treasury process and procedures
- Ensures compliance with Treasury controls and maintain SOX related documentation
- Supports annual corporate FBAR effort
- Supports Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and Global Cash Manager with other corporate activities and transactions as needed
Skills you will need here:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics; MBA or CTP preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of treasury experience required; banking experience preferred
- Proven understanding of global cash management and banking practices required, including knowledge of US and International Treasury operations, and payment services
- Comfort with, and ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external partners at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify and evaluate issues and trends from large data sets
- Professional maturity with proven ability to support multiple tasks in fast paced environment, work independently and proactively, and collaborate within a team
- Desire and willingness to participate in all areas of Corporate Treasury
- Intellectually curiosity with a focus on efficiency and continuous improvement
- Proven flexibility with ability to prioritize and manage differing time constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Cengage is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA. Employees reside in nearly 40 countries with sales in more than 125 countries around the world. Visit us at www.cengage.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.