When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in 1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would become an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that’s carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China.
Throughout this global expansion Teknor has remained a privately held company, and today Fain’s grandson sits at the helm, maintaining the family’s tradition of fostering deep employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us—together—to deliver customized compound solutions and help our customer’s create better products.
“Manufacturing is a team sport and we work together to achieve our goals.” ~Jon Fain, CEO
Join the team behind our custom compounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position provides global support for all banking functions, assists with foreign exchange activity and monthly financial analysis. They assist with preparation for audit documentation as well as with all global bank software changes and automation of cash related transactions. Analyze financial FX impact and review monthly cash flow activities. Recommend actions to correct financial statements and improve financial position. They must be able to handle all routine banking in the absence of the Treasurer.
- Assist with preparing all necessary documentation to obtain maintain foreign bank accounts and operating activities
- Research bank transactional problems or questions and make recommendations for resolution
- Prepare quarterly analysis for bank fees
- Administrative duties on all bank software systems and assist with internal control processes
- Manage the global insurance renewal process, prepare all WC and premium journal entries, maintain global insurance policy annual worksheet, analyze insurance costs and monthly expenses, audit insurance invoices and obtain auto insurance ID cards.
- Handle all routine banking in the absence of the Treasurer. This requires continuous review due to constant changes in software, internal controls, regulations, and procedures
- Document all routine procedures and contacts used by the Treasury department
- Assist with all acquisition activities
- Perform miscellaneous projects, additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Other Essential Functions:
- Position requires no responsibility or authority for the direction of others.
- Position has no budget or revenue responsibilities.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Strong Computer Skills, Specifically in Excel, TM1, ERP and COGNOS
- Building Strong External Relationships with Banks
- Strong Communication Skills, Both External and Internal
- Financial Analysis Application to Complex Problems
- Results Oriented, Focus on Deadlines
- Decision Making, Problem Solving and Advanced Logic Skills
- Solid Ethics and High Level of Confidentiality
- Position requires 4+ years of accounting or treasury experience
- Experience in general accounting and financial analysis in a manufacturing, business, or banking environment
- Four-year degree in accounting, finance or economics, MBA preferred
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties under specific time requirements
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone