Full Job Description
*This position is located in Columbus, Ohio but may be eligible for remote home based as long as selected candidate is within AEP’s current operating territory (WV, VA, TN, AR, KY, TX, OH, IN, MI, OK, LA)*
Develop and Implement the service offerings to third parties for maximizing revenue from allowing third parties to utilize excess dark fiber and collocations within associated space in the telecom Points of Presence (POPs) across the eleven-state footprint. Work under the direction of the Broadband and Telecom Business Development Director and establish liaisons with the business units, Customer Services and Community Affairs to execute the revenue growth strategies and operating plans for the product line and support achievement of the assigned business objectives. For specific clients within the region, establish position within AEP as the client relationship manager and be viewed by the customer as their advocate within AEP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Facilitate the assignment of current (and potential) AEP capabilities to external customer needs, and recommend promotion/pricing strategies to realize market share and new product/service offering.
2) Execute a sales management plan for the product/service offering. This plan includes sales and margin targets by customer (or category of customer) and should be further segmented to reflect the regional sales/margin goals for each of the business units.
3) Working with the respective business units, recommend regional contingency plans (via alliances, subcontracts, and teaming arrangements) for supplemental resources and extensions of core product/service offerings should the need present itself through a qualified sales opportunity.
4) Apply pre-established screening criteria to qualify business opportunities (e.g. strategic fit, meets with project margin requirements) and oversee other sales activities within the region to ensure consistency with the overall business strategy for the region.
5) Prepare and issue monthly reports that concisely convey the status of all sales activities relative to the performance baseline for assigned clients. Proactively identify any barriers to success and work with the business units (or appropriate entity) to establish recovery and/or contingency plans to overcome these obstacles.
6) Work across a multifaceted team to lead the review of existing contracts to ensure all possible revenue is being invoiced and collected (including annual cost escalators), ensure that all contracts are valid and in term, and ensure that there are no missing contracts and/or billing opportunities. Work with the business unit to select and implement a contract software tool to automate billing activities and contract renewals to drive efficiency in the contracting renewal processes.
Education requirements are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, finance, business, or statistics
- MBA preferred
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in engineering, sales, project management,
Physical demand level is Sedentary
A minimum of 25% travel can be expected to coordinate with business units and/or customers Excellent verbal and written communication skills knowledge of financial and business analysis