Advisory Americas delivers corporate finance advisory services for mergers and acquisitions throughout the Americas (North and Latin America). The team includes over 70 bankers located in New York, San Francisco, Mexico City, Bogota, São Paulo, and Santiago de Chile.
Within Latin America, the team is organized geographically along four regions: Mexico, Brazil, Andean Region and Southern Cone. While covering all industries, the team is organized along three primary investment banking industry groups: Energy & Renewables; Infrastructure; and Financial Institutions.
- Overview. Contribute actively to the origination and execution of M&A advisory activities in the Energy & Renewables sector across Latin America excluding Brazil (“Hispanic Latam”)
- Execution. Day-to-day management of all aspects of M&A buy-side and sell-side transactions (including preparation of marketing materials, financial analyses, information package, coordination with transaction stakeholders and third-party advisors, etc.)
- Origination. Manage the entire preparation of origination materials (including writing industry themes, market updates and financial analyses) as well as playing a pivotal role in presenting ideas in meetings
- Team Building. The Vice President will work closely with Associates and Analysts on transactions, marketing, research, pitch preparation and deal execution. The primary focus will be idea generation and transaction execution as well as overall team leadership and mentoring
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics – preferably, Master’s Degree or MBA
- 5+ years of relevant experience in M&A, Project Finance (or other structured finance) preferably in a bulge bracket or large boutique investment bank, and/or in the Energy & Renewables sectors
- Proficiency in Spanish and English
- In-depth M&A transaction understanding, with a broad corporate finance skillset, and direct experience assisting in the origination and execution of M&A transactions
- Relevant exposure to the Energy & renewables industry
- Globally oriented to support cross-border corporate finance activity (i.e., referrals, origination and execution opportunities) across the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Exceptional client service skills, and superior people skills to ensure constructive dialogue and positive cooperation both internally and externally
- Ability to assist in the identification of cross-sell opportunity to fully penetrate BNPP products to clients
- Team player, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with the ability and willingness to guide and train more junior team members
- Strong financial modelling capabilities and in-depth knowledge of corporate finance theory
- Client-focused, deal-driven, credible, and a highly energetic professional
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of intellect, professionalism, and integrity
Series 79 and 63
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.