The VP of Finance will oversee all accounting and casino financial operations and activities at the property. The VP will accurately and promptly produce financial schedules and analysis of revenues, expenses, and capital expenditures. Additionally the VP is responsible for the development and maintenance of labor control activities; ensures accurate processing of payroll and all applicable taxes and reports are filed in accordance with federal, state and local law. The VP sssists in the establishment of production standards and goals; assists in developing departmental policies and procedures for the accomplishment of business objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
- Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where team members feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Responsible for selecting, training, evaluation, and supervision of overall casino finance & accounting functions.
- Acts as the decision maker for the property in the absence of the General Manager.
- Manages all employees in Finance, Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Audit, and Cage.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Directs the forecasting and preparation of casino accounting reports, budgets, etc., in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the Casino Control Act and attendant regulations as well as internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Responds to and consistently meets the needs of internal clients.
- Supports and cultivates new ideas and methods to deliver business solutions.
- Identifies ways to increase efficiencies or improve product or service.
- Delivers assignments/projects on time and completes all aspects before delivering to internal clients.
- Clearly communicates programs/services to necessary people, seeks their support and keeps them informed of changes that may impact the business.
- Keeps track of existing products/services and/or progress on new initiatives.
- Prepares project plans that aid in moving project forward.
- Stays up to date with the latest developments in the profession.
- Develops skills to handle increasingly complex matters.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in accounting or business, MBA or CPA preferred;
Minimum of five years of experience in financial or business operations with appropriate supervisory experience in casino accounting procedures preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain the appropriate work authorization per gaming regulations required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Caesars Entertainment is the world’s most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah’s®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Team members of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Ownership every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
Caesars Entertainment will engage in an interactive process and make reasonable accommodations, as required by law, for individuals with disabilities or to accommodate pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, or where a conflict exists between the position and an individuals’ religious beliefs or practices.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position.
The Company reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.