Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate & Investment Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
The Corporate Finance group within Corporate and Investment Banking is seeking an Associate to join its New York or Charlotte office.
Associate 1st year. These individuals join the firm typically with an MBA degree and enter the Securities Inv
Group/Investment Banking and Capital Markets Associate Program. They work on assigned tasks independently with guidance on the more complex transactions.
The Associate will be responsible for supporting the development of our ESG strategy for both external client engagement and internal projects that help us meet our climate and sustainable finance goals, including but not limited to, the following activities:
- Partner with senior bankers to create client- and situation-specific materials on ESG considerations across lending, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, advisory engagements, risk management and liquidity.
- Research competitive dynamics, market developments, investor trends, and industry best practices.
- Help develop segment-specific ESG analysis to support strategic client dialogue, including investor and reporting trends, third-party methodologies and industry standards.
- Support the development innovative products and solutions that address the evolving ESG-related needs of clients and investors.
- Provide support through research and the creation of presentation materials for the development of CIB’s efforts to meet our Company’s Net Zero by 2050 and $500B in sustainable finance by 2030.
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to support this broad, growing and dynamic aspect of banking.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of professional work experience demonstrated through work or military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extra-curricular activities
- Recent experience within Investment Banking as either an Analyst or Associate is desired
- Prior Environmental Social Governance (ESG)
- 2+ years of analytics experience preferred
- Masters degree a plus
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NY-New York: 500 W 33rd Street – NEW YORK, NY
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC