4J Energy, LLC, a dynamic energy trading and logistics company located in West Houston, is reviewing applicants for an Entry Level Staff Accountant. This role will work directly with the Director of Accounting, a former Big-4 auditor dedicated to coaching and professional development.
Ideal candidate will strike a balance between being a trusted resource for maintaining consistent, timely, and accurate accounting records and a career-minded professional interested in gaining valuable hands on experience working across business lines and directly with company management.
– Participate in month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries, reviewing general ledger accounts, and researching potential account discrepancies
– Record incoming bills, generate outgoing invoices, and application of cash in the accounting system
– Monthly financial performance reporting, variance analysis, and ad hoc project support
– Assisting with audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audits
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
– Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
– Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
– Detail and deadline-oriented
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– QuickBooks experience or training
– Microsoft VBA/macro development experience
– Articulate communicator, both personable and professional
If you are interested in starting your accounting career in an entrepreneurial, goal-driven environment, please send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief description of your interest in the position.