ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the
transformation of society and industry to achieve a more
productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its
electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB
pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new
levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130
years, ABB’s success is driven by 110,000 talented employees in
over 100 countries.
The ABB Internship Program is designed to develop your skills and
grow you as a future leader of ABB. Participants can expect to
gain an array of challenging and meaningful work experiences in
their placements across ABB in the US.
Interns start as a cohort and join with a comprehensive orientation that helps assimilate you into the ABB culture.
After orientation, you will join your internship in one of our four
business areas – Electrification, Motion, Process Automation or
Robotics. Every internship is composed of impactful work to help
build your skills and gain business knowledge, while contributing
to your team.
Our program also supports your professional growth outside of
your day to day, through professional development, networking,
and social activities. These events will be facilitated by your dedicated program manager that will coach you throughout your ABB
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity
• Performs analyses of business performance versus budget
and forecast and support Controller with improvement actions.
• Performs benchmarking of key performance indicators and
financial analysis as requested by the controller.
• To collect, understand, process, verify and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends.
• Provides information to Controller/management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
• Maintains proper audit trail and documentation for future
tax/ internal/external audits and reviews.
• Adhoc projects, as required by business.
Learnings for Future Career:
• Taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for
your colleagues, and the business (Health& safety & Integrity topics)
• Good understanding of manufacturing environment (product costing, product structure, operational process behind
• Good understanding of mass data handling + view into
new technologies (digital data handling etc.)
• Good understanding of tendering / risk review process /
• Good connections with other functions (sales, operations,
supply management, project management, service)
• GPA 3.0+
• Currently enrolled in a degree program in the US in finance or
• Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US.
• Detail-oriented team player.
• Good communication and negotiation skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying due dates.
• Must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of
accounting and financial analysis.
• Ideal candidate should be familiar with MS office and open to
learning ERP (SAP).