2021 Associate Pool Program Job Description
Abernathy MacGregor, a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking ambitious and hardworking candidates to join its dynamic team of professionals in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston and Washington, D.C. as part of its 2021 Associate Pool Program, which will begin in July 2021.
The Abernathy MacGregor Associate Pool Program offers a 14-month intensive program designed to provide participants with a strong foundation in strategic communications. Associates will be given training in the principles, practices and tools that enable our firm to provide best-in-class counsel to CEOs, board directors and senior executives on high-stakes issues and complex challenges. They will be exposed to, and work directly on, some of the most consequential reputational issues faced by corporations today.
The responsibilities of an associate include:
• Participating in account team strategy and planning sessions;
• Researching and analyzing client and potential client financial performance, peer groups, investor bases/ownership structures, industries and market dynamics;
• Tracking and analyzing media coverage of clients and potential clients, peers, and industries;
• Drafting and editing documents on behalf of both clients and the firm, including client memos, press releases, internal and external communications documents, and new business proposals;
• Providing ongoing account support.
At Abernathy MacGregor, we truly care about our people’s professional growth. We pride ourselves on identifying great talent at the earliest stages and giving everyone the tools, training and opportunity to forge their own path forward. This includes:
• Introductions to finance and deeper dives into tools, data and analytics and practice areas;
• Firmwide annual training program focused on key practice area knowledge-sharing and skill-building, led by both internal colleagues and outside experts;
• Exposure to work across all firm disciplines and practice areas;
• Weekly group meetings led by Head of Talent and Director of Research and Information Services;
• Feedback, which is provided regularly throughout the program, both informally through mentors and formally twice a year.
Qualifications: College graduate. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. A basic understanding of business and finance is desirable.
Please email a cover letter and your resume to Careers@abmac.com as soon as possible before Friday, February 19, 2021. We will review and accept applications on a rolling basis. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Abernathy MacGregor
Abernathy MacGregor (abmac.com) is a leading strategic communications firm with offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington D.C. We specialize in advising CEOs, board directors and senior executives on effective stakeholder communications, engagement and advocacy initiatives amid changing expectations and demands from a range of internal and external stakeholders. The firm has a proven 36-year history helping clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
We create communications and engagement strategies for pivotal business events from crisis management and litigation to M&A and shareholder activism to CEO transitions, both planned and unexpected. We also help clients create and maintain day-to-day, best-in-class communications and engagement practices. These include reputation management, investor relations and media relations counsel, government affairs and governance support.
Abernathy MacGregor is a member of Havas SA, which is one of the largest global advertising and communications groups in the world. We are also a founding member of AMO (amo-global.com), the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.
Abernathy MacGregor is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome employees of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and viewpoints, including race, religion, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation. We believe this diversity contributes meaningfully to the quality of the counsel we provide and enriches the culture of our firm.