The Staff Auditor performs financial and operation audits and assists with special projects and reviews to determine the reliability, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial reporting, the efficiency and effectiveness of management operating and control systems, and the extent of compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This is an entry-level position for recent college graduates and includes an expected rotation and/or promotion into a non-audit position after approximately 3 years of service in the staff auditor role. Rotational assignments after 3 years of service will be into the accounting, finance, shared services, information technology and operations groups, depending on the skills and desired career direction of the candidate. However, certain candidates may continue with the internal audit function for a longer duration if determined to be the optimal career path for the candidate.
• Verifies adherence to company policies, procedures and operating rules, reviews transactions and explores deviations from the standards, and investigates irregularities and recommends corrective measures.
• Performs audit procedures under the supervision of Senior Auditors and Managers.
• Documents audit findings, deviations, adjustments, improvement in internal controls, opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction, and/or quality improvement.
• Leverages data obtained through access to company systems to develop perspectives on risk and use analytical approaches to performing audit procedures.
• Creates work products such as audit analysis, audit correspondences, memorandum and other working papers that document the engagement procedures performed, the findings, and the results of those procedures.
• Provides frequent status updates on the progress of projects to internal audit management.
• Assists in planning and conducting audits of financial and operating activities to verify accuracy and ensure compliance with company policies. Includes reviewing documents, records, accounts, operations, costs and related factors, determining the nature and extent of auditing required, analyzing functions and providing appraisals of the internal controls.
• Obtains background, historical, and other relevant information on the areas to be audited, including information on the risks and controls for a project or assignment.
• Responds to the meeting and documentation requests from external auditors; liaisons with the external audit contacts directly to arrange SOX planning sessions, walkthroughs, and facilitate the integrated audit approach.
• Participates in the communication of information to management of the auditable unit.
• Maintains relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and is committed to continually improve client satisfaction.
• Develops an understanding and applies internal audit methodologies, technologies and tools as appropriate.
• Works with client management and the internal audit team in the development of creative, practical, and cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
• Prepares audit reports that are accurate, insightful and concise.
• Other duties as required.
• *Job duties may be modified at any time.
• Must have a bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related field.
• Less than one (1) years’ experience in accounting/auditing is desired; this position is entry-level for new college graduates.
• Candidates actively working towards a CPA, CIA or CISA certification are preferred.
• As required, ability to travel domestically up to 25%, with overnight stays.
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with people at all levels of a multicultural and diverse organization.
• Ability to write comprehensible reports on complex issues in a concise manner.
• Must be proactive and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision after having received relevant and adequate training.