The Accountant II – Corporate will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly close process, including preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial statement analytics and forecasting. The Accountant will be in regular communication with branch Executive Directors and will provide general support for accounting activities. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the annual audit process and participating in special ad-hoc projects. The role must also interface with related departments to include FP&A, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and others. The position may also assist with the implementation of new operating platforms, accounting systems, and support programs as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare monthly journal entries (expense allocations, deferred rent, utilities, accruals, prepaids, etc.).
Review Corporate Overhead branch-level profit and loss statements and determine the need for accruals.
Participate in financial statement review meetings with assigned leadership.
Research budget and trend variances through examination of AP invoices, data extract analysis, and operational updates.
Provide management with monthly financial highlights and variance analysis.
- Prepare timely balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned and research any reconciling items.
Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
Prepare ad hoc accounting reports for department management and outside agencies as required.
Complete other duties as assigned
Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
? Experience working in a multi-unit service industries or healthcare environment preferred.
? At least two to three years’ of experience as an Accountant with a clearly demonstrated track record of progressive responsibilities; preferably in a company with $1B+ in revenue.
? This position requires an undergraduate degree in accounting.
? Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting processes.
? Experience using Great Plains or a version of Microsoft Dynamics ERP system is highly preferred.
? MS Office Proficiency – Advanced Microsoft Excel skills in particular.
? Ability to travel (less than 5%), all Domestic US.
TRAINING and CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
· Must be detailed oriented and well organized.
· Must possess a solid level of technical and problem-solving skills.
· Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics.
· Tremendously proactive, customer/results focused high achiever, delivers on commitments. Desire to champion best practices.
· Strong team and service orientation.
· Must have good analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Desire to learn and advance career.
· Team player with a cooperative attitude.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
(Travel, Physical Demand, Dexterity, Mental Demand, Working Conditions)
· Travel: Position requires minimal business travel (less than 5%) and a valid Driver’s License.
· Physical Demand: Light physical effort. For example, standing, bending, or stooping for extended periods, operating light office equipment, e.g., personal computer, copier, fax machine, etc., manually handling medium weight materials and/or equipment (0 to 10 pounds).
· Dexterity: Light dexterity, e.g. using data processing equipment, long periods of standing/sitting, etc.
· Mental Demand: Moderate to high degree of concentration due to volume, complexity, and/or "pressure" of work.
· Working Conditions: Clean working conditions with no disagreeable factors.