In an ever-changing world where politics of alienation and division seem to dominate everyday discourse, ActionAid continues to side with people experiencing poverty to dismantle unjust systems. We do this by investing in local problems solvers in 55 countries and connecting them with people whose decisions affect their daily lives, so that they can claim their rights and bring about lasting change.
The Development Intern plays a vital role in supporting ActionAid USA’s mission. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to learn about the sector and ActionAid’s programs, and to contribute substantially to a small office with a global reach. This is a paid, hourly position working closely with the Development team for 15 hours per week.
- Support work with program teams in the US and across the globe to write, edit, and submit concept notes and proposals to foundation funders
- Support foundation grant management
- Help to maintain donor records
- Support on prospecting and foundation stewardship
- Support to Major Gifts Officer and Senior Grants Manager as needed
- Educational background, requires one of the following:
a) Currently pursuing or graduated with an undergraduate degree relevant to this position or
b) 1-4 years substantial experience in policy, campaigns, and fundraising or
c) Any combination of education, experience, and measurable performance that demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of this position.
- Demonstrated passion for social justice, climate justice, and gender equality
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to represent complex programs clearly and succinctly and tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- Strong time management and organizational skills, particularly working across multiple teams and projects
- Computer competency, experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferable
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
In the subject line, please write your name and job title “development intern”. Please no phone calls.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.