Internship – Supply Chain Quality Management
06-Nov-2020 to 20-Nov-2021 (EST)
10030 Quality Assurance
Grand Prairie, TX, USA
Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
The Supply Chain Quality Intern is to perform studies of supply chain quality operations and tasks and provide innovative solutions to reduce standard work and work flows. Supply Chain Quality Intern provides support to SCQM (Supply Chain Quality Managers) and operational/strategic buyers to improve operational efficiency, work flow and processes.
- Project Support: 40%
- Assist improvement project teams. Support problem solving, transformation, lean solutions, process/continuous improvement, innovation, IT smart tool implementation and six sigma projects.
- Training/Industry Support: 20%
- Prepare training materials and support courses on supply chain topics.
- Visual Management: 20%
- Update visual management schemes, metrics, and support analysis and tools to assist the SCQM team
- Process/Continuous Improvement: 20%
- Learn the process/continuous improvement process at Airbus Helicopters and assist/participate in project teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School diploma and currently seeking Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s in Engineering, or related field.
- Some office work environment preferred. Experience with aviation manufacturing, flight line operations, maintenance, repair and overhaul services, or aircraft completions is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
Must be well organized and have good time management skills.
Ability to use computers and associated software.
Skilled with MS Office Software, Smartsheet, and other software solutions
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Requires use of computer and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. AutoCAD and VBA proficiency are preferred.
- 0% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Cost reduction and avoidance through process/continuous improvement projects.
Nature of Contacts:
- Excellent communication skills are required as daily interactions occur with internal customers, external customers, support departments, and peers.
Onsite: 100% of time that this position must be worked onsite at the company’s location.
Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings. daily
Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms. daily
Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications. daily
Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment. daily
Carrying: able to carry documents, and, electronic equipment up to 10lbs. daily
Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 10lbs. daily
Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture. occasionally
Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer. daily
Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving. occasionally
Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor. daily
Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice. frequently
Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office daily and production areas including uneven surfaces occasionally.
Personal Protective Equipment required: steel toed shoes are required for all shop floor visits; appropriate hearing/eye protection may also be required when visiting the shop floor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.