AlEn USA is subsidiary of Grupo AlEn, a 70 year-old family-owned CPG leader in chemical and organic-based home and laundry-care solutions. The Associate Director of Shopper Marketing will manage and execute best in class shopper marketing initiatives to drive brand growth, sales and enhance our relationships with key retailers. This candidate will work closely with cross-functional partners and agencies in executing a clear road map that aligns with our business priorities.
Data-driven and entrepreneurial, the Associate Director of Shopper Marketing will be responsible for the execution of our shopper marketing strategy to support our company’s rapid growth. They will identify opportunities to broaden our awareness and trial, while maintaining a healthy GM across products listed online.
This individual will report directly to the VP of Marketing > VP & Country GM. This individual will have one direct report.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the annual strategy development and execution of shopper marketing plans to activate against the key shopper insights
- Partnering with the Category, Brand, and Sales teams to identify key Insights and activation opportunities
- Champions internal learning/opportunities and operating routines – internal best practices while also challenging the organization to adopt external best practices/capabilities
- Build strategic alliances with non-competing CPG companies to maximize marketing investment and reach new shoppers
- Works closely with the E-commerce team across portfolio to drive demand generation on pure play and omnichannel platforms
- Leads retail marketing planning that conveys a mastery understanding of conversion driving messaging, traffic driving media, solution-based selling, understanding of core shopper behaviors and insight recognition
- Expert in project management developing clear, efficient plans that include cross-functional alignment and agency execution
- Cultivates internal and external relationships to enhance shopper marketing capabilities, serving as a key resource in advancing customer objectives
- Leverages industry relationships, shopper trends and competitive analysis to identify and build strong, effective and business growing solutions People Leadership & Development
- Data oriented with a penchant for setting clear KPIs and driving execution, tracking and optimization of plans throughout the year, to maximize ROI
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree in business, technology or related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in developing and executing shopper marketing plans across a variety of US retailers and leading multiple shopper marketing teams in large and small companies.
- Experience building a shopper marketing function from scratch is a plus.
- A deep understanding of the omnichannel nature of retailers and interaction between pure play, omnichannel and brick & mortar is key.
- Proactive and collaborative leader who can lead change in a collaborative manner and enhance the knowledge of the organization in the Shopper Marketing space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
- Self-starter with high degree of independence.
- Bilingual: Spanish is preferred but not required
- Strong passion to succeed and always act in the company’s best interest. A high energy person with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strategic leader and entrepreneurial mindset who is a self-starter with a strong drive for results and success. One with a competitive attitude with a “will to win” in the market, and one who can make agile decisions with imperfect data.
- Sets personal stretch goals and objectives and develops plans to meet them.
- Ability to preplan, prioritize, and organize multiple sales objectives and initiatives.
- A team player who collaborates and works closely with other functional areas in the organization.
- Develops high performing collaborative teams.
- Able to adapt messaging and influence all levels within the organization.
- Well organized, disciplined with excellent time management skills.
- Boardroom presence with hands-on disposition.
- Adaptability and able to deal with ambiguous situations.
- Transparent, open, and frequent communications style with excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment.
- Potential for growth as a leader within the organization.