Responsible for the comprehensive accounting functions of specific chemicals and petrochemicals manufacturing assets. Duties include recording, reporting, analyzing, and communicating financial activity and results. The accountant is expected to work with minimum supervision to become the financial and accounting expert in his/her area.
- Responsible for the general accounting function of manufacturing plant entity including complete ownership of the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and reporting for management teams.
- Coordinate and support activities across locations and departments.
- Manage multiple deadlines and respond quickly to management requests.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to and effectiveness of internal control in own area of responsibility.
- Facilitate internal and external audit needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 0-3 years of experience in the chemical industry.
Knowledge of cost accounting principles, financial statement preparation and analysis
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Must be comfortable presenting to Management and communicating results across multiple levels within the organization.
Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and perform meticulous self-review of work product for quality in a dynamic environment.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel.
Experience with ERP systems, Concur and other software systems preferred.
Competitive Salary; Excellent Medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick pay benefits. 401K Match.
Free Catered lunch once a week
Free Onsite Gym