This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7773669 Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. ?A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. ?Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M’s Disputes and Investigations (DI) practice provides forensic accounting and dispute advisory services to clients within a wide variety of industries.? The practice brings a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to forensic accounting investigations, financial disputes, regulatory interventions, and technical accounting issues.?
The DI practice is seeking Interns for the Chicago office for the summer of 2021.
- Analyze documentation pertaining to forensic accounting investigations or commercial disputes
- Identify key accounting, finance, and economic issues with respect to complex business transactions
- Assist with compilation of documentation regarding investigations or commercial disputes
- Create financial models based on business issues or transactions being analyzed
- Assist with drafting reports and findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits, and charts
- Assist with researching technical accounting and industry specific issues
- Balance multiple client projects and other responsibilities
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Bachelor’s degree in process (preferred majors: accounting, finance, economics)
- CPA eligible upon graduation
- Excellence in academics, both within major and overall
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong data analysis, writing, and presentation skills
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity