Amazon’s legal department is looking for a talented Legal Operations Program Analyst to help support our outside counsel management programs. Responsibilities include supporting our outside counsel management programs and processes, process improvement and simplification, project and change management, data reporting, analysis, and visualization, spend management, and other responsibilities as needed. This role will help own, develop, and manage our outside counsel management tools, working closely with our Legal Tech team. This role will also provide training and support to users, process documentation, and manage troubleshooting efforts where needed.
A successful candidate will be able to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, manage high volumes of tasks and projects with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, take effective action without knowing the whole picture, think creatively and strategically, exercise strong judgment, and be proactive and innovative in solving problems that affect customers. The candidate will also be customer-service oriented and have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, strong organizational skills, and the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, are essential.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2+ years experience in program or project management
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to make improvements
· 2+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience delivering cross functional projects
· Experience in outside counsel management or legal operations in a global legal department or large law firm
· Experience interacting with high-level executives and law partners
· Ability to influence without authority across teams and levels
· Comfort with ambiguity and sound judgment in ambiguous situations
· Experience with Serengeti/Legal Tracker or similar enterprise legal e-billing software
· Familiarity with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
· Familiarity with SharePoint, Salesforce, DocuSign, and other proprietary or third party integrated corporate systems, especially from within legal department, legal operations, or law firm settings
· Strong skills in analysis, written and oral communication, time management, and organization
· Desire and aptitude to learn new concepts, programs, and software on the job