Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon and is the global cloud computing leader. To support our rapid growth, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and motivated people. If you’d like to help us be the best cloud services provider in the industry, this is your chance to make history. AWS HR is looking for dynamic self-starters graduating from MBA and master’s programs in HR or related fields in 2023 to participate in our 2022 HR leadership development program (HRLDP) summer internship.
As an intern, you will spend 12 weeks working on a challenging and high-visibility project on one of the following teams: Builder Experience Team, Talent & Development, Compensation, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning & Analytics, Inclusion, Diversity & Equity (ID&E), or one of our HR Business Partner (HRBP) teams. You will have the opportunity to learn from senior HR leaders, receive mentorship and sponsorship, and build a network of peers, HRLDP alumni, and leaders. Upon successful completion of the internship, program participants will have the opportunity to receive a full time offer for the AWS HRLDP, a three-year rotational experience designed set you on the path to HR leadership roles in AWS. Internships will be based in Seattle, WA and may be available in Arlington, VA based on projects.
· 3+ years of full-time industry work experience, which occurred between graduation from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master’s program, OR 3+ years of military work experience prior to starting your MBA or master’s program
· Graduating in December 2022 or Summer 2023 from an MBA or master’s degree program with studies in Human Resources or related fields
· Experience in human resources or related fields and/or knowledge of human resource theory (organizational effectiveness and dynamics, leadership, management theory, etc.)
· Passion for building a career in Human Resources
· Experience working in a global or matrixed organization
· Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills and critical thinking
· Project/Program Management Skills
· Experience in coaching senior leaders and managers
· Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.