Annual Intern Pathways cohorts start between May and June for a 10-12-week internship, based on intern availability and university schedule.
At Amazon, we take pride in hiring and developing the best. We are excited to offer MBA and master’s program graduate students the opportunity to launch big careers with limitless possibilities. Are you looking to become a leader in a global Fortune 100 company? Do you want to manage people, process, and technology in one of the most innovative operations environments on Earth? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to millions globally? If so, then the Amazon Pathways Operations program may be right for you.
Pathways full time program is a five-year Operations Leadership Development Program designed to rapidly develop talented MBA and Masters-level graduates with the skills needed to be Amazon General Managers, Directors and VPs. This is the opportunity to chart your own course. Pathways members are highly visible to senior leadership and have flexibility with changing roles, sites and geographies as we strive to create global leaders. Through a series of intense, progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, we will stretch your leadership capacity to its full potential. The business lessons you learn and credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and prepare you for future executive leadership opportunities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This is a 10-12 week internship (40 hours per week) in one of Amazon’s world-class operational warehouses. As an intern, you will own a project where you have the opportunity to apply your analytical skills sets to solve a real problem impacting the business. You will be presenting and delivering long term, scalable solutions that will have significant impacts to the business and customer experience. This project will immerse you into Operational processes and expose you to the end-to-end supply chain at Amazon. Interns will have visibility into what it would be like to manage large teams and work in a world-class logistic company. Upon completion of the internship program, your performance will be evaluated for an opportunity to join the full-time Pathways program in 2023. Internships are available in select regions.
· Interact with senior leadership to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges
· Engage in continuous improvement projects throughout the course of the program
Locations & Placement:
· The position will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environments
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also consider individual location preference)
EXPECTED HOURS & ENVIRONMENT:
· This position is demanding; hours may fluctuate with seasons and changing environments
· Expect to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts with anticipated overtime
· Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
· Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application with a conferral date between December 2022 – August 2023
· 3+ years of full-time industry work experience, which occurred between the conferral date from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master’s program, OR 3+ years of military work experience prior to starting your MBA or master’s program
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
· Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas and influence across all levels of an organization
· Bias for action and passion for rolling up sleeves and doing what it takes to “get it done”
· A cover letter is not necessary
· The application process can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. The first step in the application process includes an online assessment and a series of mini business-case simulations that allow you to learn more about Amazon
· Be sure to set aside an appropriate amount of time in a comfortable place with no distractions
· You will be notified via email if we have chosen to move forward with your application. You can also check your status any time in our application portal
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For Colorado based jobs: This position starts at $ $112,710/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.