Hiring for January and June 2022 Banker Development Program classes!
At Amegy Bank, everyone counts. Your contributions are valued, and everyone has the opportunity to grow in their career. We’re committed to doing the very best for our customers, our communities and our employees.
Amegy’s culture empowers employees to be proactive, build and maintain positive relationships, and take advantage of countless opportunities to learn, volunteer, and network. Amegy offers extensive support for career development and maintains an “open door” policy. Executives, managers, and supervisors are easily accessible, so employees can openly discuss questions, issues, or suggestions with their leaders.
Amegy Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A., which operates in nearly 500 local financial centers across 11 Western states. With more than 75 locations and 2,000 employees, Amegy Bank offers the capabilities and resources of a large bank but maintains the qualities of a local bank.
For more information: careers.amegybank.com/moreinfo/EarlyCareer
Banker Development Program
The Amegy Bank Banker Development Program (BDP) is a rotational credit and sales training program designed to provide a solid foundation in the basics of banking. It provides an opportunity to apply finance and accounting skills to assess credit and business risk, while also developing strong sales skills within the first year of employment through hands-on experience.
The program develops credit analysts into well-rounded bankers with strong prospecting and relationship management skills. It offers a defined career path, which begins with classroom training and transitions into the opportunity to rotate through various lending departments.
Throughout the program, analysts also receive mentors who serve as additional resources and trusted advisors.
MARKETS WE HIRE FOR
Central Texas (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
· B.B.A. Finance or Accounting
· Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
· 9 hours of accounting courses, including Intermediate Accounting I
***Please attach a RESUME and an unofficial TRANSCRIPT, showing all accounting classes, to your application (required at the time of interview). Include GPA on your resume.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Leadership skills and community involvement
· Detail oriented, organized, analytical, with proven problem-solving abilities
· Highly motivated, self-starter attitude
· Internship / prior work experience is a plus
Phase 1: Initial Training Phase
Phase 2: Rotations
Phase 3: Placement
Phase One: Initial Training
The Initial Training Phase (ITP) is 4-5 months of classroom training at Amegy Bank’s headquarters in Houston. You will have two 2-week trainings at Zions Bancorporation’s headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah or virtually.
· Introductory banking and analytical concepts
· Moody’s self-study courses designed to teach the analytical process and decision-making techniques needed to make sound credit decisions
· Credit Foundations training
· Credit underwriting
· Mock write-ups based on case studies
· Professional etiquette and sales training
· Introductions to senior management
· Bank-specific administrative training
Phase Two: Rotations
The rotational phase is 12-20 months of on-the-job training through assignments to specific lending groups.
· Perform analytical work required for assigned department
· Shadow bank officers in client and prospect meetings
· Assist in prospecting and business development efforts
· Underwrite financial statement analysis and credit presentation packages
· Participate in loan approval presentations
· Review portfolio credit risk
· Attend seminars and ongoing training
· Participate in discussion sessions on banking concepts
· Build one-on-one working relationships with high-level decision makers
BDP TRACK OPTIONS
Within the Banker Development Program, you have two track options to choose from: Business Banking Credit Analyst and Credit Analyst. While both tracks go through the same Initial Training Phase, they differ in the rotations and eventual placement. Both track options are available in Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Central Texas.
Business Banking Credit Analyst
· Designed for individuals interested in serving small to middle market businesses with up to $20 million in revenue
· Receive in-depth exposure to Business Banking and other groups within the Amegy Community Banking Partnership
4-5 Rotations (13 weeks each)
· Business Banking Portfolio Management Group with SBA exposure in Houston*
· Business Banking in Houston* (various teams)
· Business Banking in Market
· Commercial Lending in Market
* Dallas/Fort Worth and Central Texas analysts will spend their first 10-11 months in Houston before relocating to their Market.
· Designed for individuals interested in serving medium to large size businesses with over $20 million in revenue
· Receive in-depth exposure to various lending groups including specialty lines of business
4-7 Rotations (13 weeks each)
· Commercial Lending
· Private Banking
· Commercial Real Estate
· Corporate Banking
· Energy Lending (Houston and DFW)
· International Banking (Houston and CTX)
· Healthcare and Not-for-Profit
· Special Assets Group
* Dallas/Fort Worth and Central Texas analysts will spend their first 4-5 months in Houston before relocating to their Market for rotations.
Phase Three: Placement
Takes place approximately 16-26 months after beginning the program; dependent on employee tenure, performance, and staffing needs.
· Associate, Officer (3 to 4 years)
· Assistant Vice President, Relationship Manager II/Portfolio Manager II (4 to 5 years)
· Vice President (5+ years)
Business Banking Credit Analyst
· Manage your own portfolio by 1st year out of the program
· Work directly with business owners and CEOs
· Help small businesses and family-owned businesses achieve their goals
· Maintain close ties to the community
· Manage your own portfolio 2-4 years out of the program
· Work primarily with CFOs and CEOs
· Help middle market and larger businesses achieve their goals