We are hiring for 2022 Summer Internship Program!
Amegy’s culture empowers employees to be proactive, build and maintain positive relationships, and take advantage of countless opportunities to learn, volunteer, and network. Amegy offers extensive support for career development and maintains an “open door” policy. Executives, managers, and supervisors are easily accessible, so employees can openly discuss questions, issues, or suggestions with their leaders.
Amegy Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A., which operates in nearly 500 local financial centers across 11 Western states. With more than 75 locations and 2,000 employees, Amegy Bank offers the capabilities and resources of a large bank but maintains the qualities of a local bank.
At Amegy Bank, everyone counts. Your contributions are valued, and everyone has the opportunity to grow in their career. We’re committed to doing the very best for our customers, our communities and our employees.
Banker Development Program Summer Intern
Amegy Bank’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide college students with an opportunity to gain knowledge, experience, and exposure in the banking industry.
Interns are either assigned to a specific lending group or rotate through several lending groups during the program. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Conducting industry research
· Preparing client prospect lists
· Scheduling appointments with prospective clients
· Assisting with credit presentations
· Observing the process of spreading financial statements and underwriting loans
The internship experience also includes networking events with executives and other managers around the Bank, professional development and training sessions, deal discussions, overviews of various areas of the Bank, and volunteer opportunities.
· Business Banking
· Commercial Lending
· Commercial Real Estate
· Corporate Banking
· Energy Lending
· Healthcare & Not-for-Profit
· International Banking
· Private Banking
· Special Asset Groups
The combination of hands-on assignments, programmed trainings, and events provides each intern with a well-rounded summer experience.
The Summer Internship Program opportunities are available in our Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio offices. The Internship is a paid position. The bank does not provide housing for interns.
Amegy targets high-potential students who have a demonstrated work ethic, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and campus / community engagement.
· Undergraduate business major, finance or accounting preferred
· Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
· Must have completed 6 hours of accounting courses
· Must have completed junior year undergraduate work by May prior to start of the internship
· Must be scheduled to graduate the December or May following completion of the internship
· Must be able to work 40 hours per week, between the second week of June through the first week of August
***Please attach a RESUME and an unofficial TRANSCRIPT, showing all accounting courses taken, to your application. Include GPA on your resume.