Paid Position: No
Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice) is looking for an intern to work with our Development & Marketing Department to help the organization build a stronger presence in the community and increase direct fundraising efforts. This is a growth opportunity that will allow for extensive hands-on experience.
DUTIES: AI Justice seeks an intern to enhance our donor database and maintain ongoing donor stewardship tracking. Intern will also assist with social media and special events, including our Annual Dinner. This position will report to our Manager of Development and Community Relations.
· Streamline utilization of our donor database with updates to historical content and maintenance of clean data
· Enhance tracking systems in donor database
· Initial research on community grants and other prospective donors
· Prepare acknowledgment letters for donations
· Immigration subject matter research for social media and other communications
· Create donation and marketing reports
Qualifications: The ideal intern will have an interest in the nonprofit sector, ideally with an immigration and social justice passion. They will be technically proficient, show critical thinking, have an aptitude for research and analysis, possess strong communications skills, and show a high level of initiative.