Get real-life perspective and valuable experience
As interns at Ameriprise Financial, students and recent graduates achieve bottom-line results and gain worthwhile experience at a FORTUNE 500® company.1 You can choose the area that fits you best, ranging from advisor support to human resources to marketing and much more. You’ll also gain career-building skills and network in a supportive, high-energy, team-based atmosphere.
- Professional and personal development
- Exposure to senior leaders
- Community involvement
- Challenging and meaningful work
- Networking with peers and co-workers
- Solid foundation for your career
- Summary of work experience presentation to business leaders
- Potential full-time offers
Internships for undergraduate students are available in:
- Advice and Wealth Management Business Development
- Asset Management
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Tax
- Investment Accounting
- Provide general administrative duties such as preparing routine client correspondence, support for implementation meetings, setting up of client files, copying and creating new business correspondence and alerts.
- Schedule and confirm meetings weekly, enter data into client contact portal, create agenda and summary of meetings, and provide necessary follow-up.
- Prepare Financial Plans, conduct investment research, complete trades and transactions per advisor instructions.
- Prepare pre and post client meetings for execution strategies.
- Prepare and ensure new business paperwork is successfully submitted.
- Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review and use in client meetings.
- Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients.
- Maintain client contact, answer questions and provide readily available information to clients as it relates to servicing their accounts.
- Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings.