Human Resources Manager
Job ID: 20694
Functional Area: Human Resources
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 5 – 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US – Pennsylvania – Eighty Four
Division: EMG – Specialty Metals
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Ametek is a $5 billion global manufacturer of highly specialized and engineered products. Ametek’s Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Business Unit has an exciting opportunity in Eighty Four, PA for an HR Manager who has a passion to learn the HR profession, a desire to grow their career, an attention to detail, critical thinking skills and high intellectual curiosity. SMP has three business units (Precision Tubes, Precision Strip, Specialty Powders and Master Alloys) across five plants in the US and England.
This position will report directly to the VP, Business Segment Manager in Eighty Four with a strong tie to the HR Director. This is a role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is comfortable in a heavy manufacturing environment where safety is a priority and, who takes pride in meeting commitments, with accurate and timely work.
The person is the sole day to day HR resource on site for nearly 100 employees on a multi shift schedule in Eighty Four. In addition, the HR Manager will provide EH&S support to the Eighty Four plant. A strong performer will be able to grow their career as they achieve success. The successful candidate will welcome the blend of hands on and front-line HR work.
The successful candidate will execute HR processes for Eighty Four in such areas as payroll & HRIS administration, talent acquisition, new hire orientation, performance management, attendance, benefits/leave of absence administration, and data analysis and reporting. The candidate will develop expertise in systems like ADP Enterprise, Timesaver, Success Factors, Peoplefluent, and LinkedIn Recruiter. Additionally, the candidate will manage EH&S compliance and record keeping for Eighty Four.
This position requires someone who is comfortable operating with precision under high expectations and accountability and contributes to areas of the business outside of HR.
• Deliver efficient and effective HR processes for payroll administration, staffing, HRIS data management, performance management, and attendance, benefits/leave administration and data reporting
• Deliver administrative support for EH&S functions for Eighty Four plant
• Utilize recognized process improvement tools to eliminate waste in existing practices and institute standard work
• Ensure and maintain compliance with state, federal regulations, and Ametek’s organizational policies and guidelines.
• Provide daily onsite employee relations support across multiple shifts for the Eighty Four, PA plant.
• Recommend and implement HR practices and procedures that are cost effective and efficient
• Maintain metrics that measure the effectiveness of HR processes within the plant.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred. Masters in Human Resources or MBA is a plus.
• Proven track record of results achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, and superior technical and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to schedule work hours outside traditional business hours
• 5-7 years of combined formal education and Human Resources experience
• Experience with EH&S management strongly preferred
• Demonstrated skill in hands on candidate sourcing
• ADP Timesaver expertise desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.