This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7885282 Appleton Group, headquartered in Rosemont, IL, is part of the Emerson Automation Solutions platform which focuses on advancing the industries that are the backbone of daily life. Founded in 1903, we are the most trusted provider of rugged electrical solutions for industrial and hazardous environments across the world. Our fittings, lighting, and power distribution solutions are designed to operate without incident: because failure is not an option.?We are represented globally in the Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific with?over 1,900 employees in more than 20 facilities worldwide.?If you are currently pursuing your MBA and looking for an internship where you can gain real-world experience in a dynamic environment, Emerson and Appleton Group have an exciting opportunity for you!?Based in our Rosemont, Illinois, Global Headquarters and reporting to the Appleton Group President, you will help develop and deliver Emerson?s Corporate Strategy on behalf of Appleton Group. With exposure to Emerson?s overall global business, you will support Appleton Group?s President in a variety of activities including market research, presentation support, and business analytics in preparation for Board Review and other Key Meetings. You will consult on internal projects with functional leaders and their teams across the business. ?Our 10-week internships are project-based and will challenge you to not only learn our business model but to determine viable strategies to overcome real business challenges. You are encouraged to utilize any and all resources available to you, but it will also be necessary that you think outside of the box to come up with innovative solutions.?AS AN MBA STRATEGIC PLANNING INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Conduct research into strategic growth areas for the business, including internal and external data gathering, development of financial models, use-case scenario identification, and assessment of third-party research firms.
- Research and analysis of served and adjacent markets, including assessment of competitive participation and strategies
- Research and assessment companies as partnership candidates and acquisition targets
- Assist in the development of presentation materials and supporting data for business unit executive staff members
- Contribute to strategic events including board meetings, planning conferences, site visits, acquisition reviews, etc.
- Assist in preparation of the business unit strategic plan and its presentation at annual Emerson Planning Conference and CEO Site Visits
- <span style="line