Arcadis is looking for an entry-level Management Consultant to join our quickly growing company in the Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, or Buffalo, NY office. You will work with project teams to gather Environmental, Health, Safety, sustainability, or quality-related business requirements, translate them into Information System specifications and implement design in associated software.
What you will be doing:
In this client-facing role, you will support business leaders in the successful selection, configuration, implementation, and sustainment of EHS and sustainability management information systems. You will also provide objective, independent advice on off-the-shelf or custom-built, third-party technologies and knowledge of the market presence of these technologies within our clients. (Training will be provided.) The successful candidate will have effective client communication skills and a passion for sustainability and technology, with an educational background in Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Theoretical Business. Ideally, you will have successfully completed university courses that provided exposure to and experience with Environmental software or environmental studies in order to further develop a deep understanding of global EHS and sustainability business capabilities, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
- Evaluate EHS&S Management Information Systems (EMIS) available on the market, including assisting clients with system requirements and software selection.
- Engage in all life cycle stages of project execution; Implement EMIS software for clients worldwide, assisting with system configuration, integration, training, rollout, support, maintenance, enhancement and improvements as required to meet overall business objectives of clients.
- Support consultant teams that configure/deploy environmental health, safety, and sustainability solutions; specific activities include drafting and publishing system design documents, configuring technical specifications and components within the solution, analyzing/migrating data, and developing custom reports/dashboards and automated interfaces.
- Participate in system support and training documentation teams, and prepare and present training to internal consultants and client system users.
- Apply functional and technical skills to configure EMIS software; serve as subject matter expert to provide escalation point for production issues.
- Map and analyze end-to-end business processes within third party and proprietary systems as well as integration with EHS&S Management Information Systems software, following formal IT guidelines.
- Facilitate management of change issues with the adoption of new information systems.
- Serve as a power user of collaborative technology, and champion new and innovative business solutions within established and emerging technical architectures (i.e. Enablon, Intelex, Cority, SAP EHSM, and other EHS&S software systems.)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the EHS field or and hybrid EHS/IT position, (relevant internship is acceptable)
- C++ or Java experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Environmental Engineer, background in Environmental field.
- Prior internship experience.
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan, and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision-making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction, and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies, and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.