Interested in contributing a great cause? Do you have a passion for social media and creating content? Join ASTEP’s communications team! College credit or stipend available.
The Communications intern will be a key part of helping ASTEP produce external communications. They will work with the Development and Communications team and will play an active role in collaboratively creating a wide range of content, publishing content and developing external communications strategy. Expected contribution of approximately 5-10 hours per week.
- Scheduling and posting content in Hootsuite
- Uploading video content to Youtube
- Editing video content and uploading to IGTV
- Attending Communications meeting and taking notes
- Inputting new contacts and emails in Mailchimp
- Maintaining social media analytics spreadsheet
- Helping managing social media calendar
Ideal candidate has:
- Interest in nonprofit work, community building, and social media.
- Strong writing and communication skills, design skills a plus
- A person with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, but willingness to speak up and share ideas and expertise in meetings
- Strategic thinker, aware of digital communications and social media trends
- Experience working with Hootsuite
- Experience working Google Suite
- Experience working with MailChimp