Job Title: Accounting/HR Intern
Classification: Paid Internship
Schedule: Academic Year (Sept 2021–April 2022); up to 20 hours per week
Reports to: Vice President of Finance and HR
As an Accounting/HR intern, you will work closely with the Accountant and VP of Finance to assist with daily business operations within a professional office environment. With training and supervision, you will learn about the financial and human resources operations of a nonprofit organization, including an ongoing capital campaign project, with opportunities to enhance your skillsets, gain practical, hands-on experience prior to graduation, and develop new professional relationships.
Using QuickBooks accounting software, perform all aspects of accounting function in a timely manner, including:
· Assist with recording credit card transactions.
· Get timely approval and process Accounts Payable.
· Help maintain financial files per archival policy in an organized manner to ensure institutional capacity.
· Assist Accountant to prepare financial reports for grants, annual report and other reports, as needed.
· Assist Accountant, VP of Finance & HR, President, and department heads with the yearly budget.
· Maintain general ledger QuickBooks and petty cash account.
· Assist with invoices and receipts for all the program and fundraising initiatives, and outstanding receivables for all of the Center’s activities.
· Assist with contracts with other businesses; evaluate and monitor vendor relationships.
· Assist Accountant to prepare annual 1099.
· Assist with job postings, interviews, and processes for onboarding and offboarding.
· Assist with maintaining and tracking staff timesheets and PTO.
· Collaborate with designated staff in the areas of volunteer and internship recruitment and management.
· Other duties as assigned by VP of Finance & HR.