The Financial Analyst provides critical analysis and support to finance and management to improve the Company’s overall financial results, playing a key role in the Company’s near term performance and long term growth. The Financial Analyst is assigned to one or more business units and has primary responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis, including evaluating new capital expenditures and business opportunities.
• Prepare annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and operating dashboards and reports.
• Develop and maintain financial models for use in forecasting, bids, and ad-hoc analysis.
• Evaluate the financial feasibility of capital projects through discounted cash flow modeling; NPV, IRR.
• Partner with operations to develop cost optimization strategies and initiatives to improve and
monitor working capital and free cash flow
• Provide financial support in RFP preparation and contract reviews.
• Provide support to multiple business units by providing budgeting, forecasting, and financial
analysis, including evaluating new capital expenditures and business opportunities
• Coordinate with operations and accounting to ensure contracts and work orders are in place with
funding limits monitored; projects set-up meets contract and invoicing requirements.
• Evaluate profit plans, operating records, and financial statements to develop and provide cost-saving initiatives and business improvement strategies to management.
• Provide accurate financial information within prescribed timelines.
• Compile and analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance
and cash flow metrics.
• Interpret and communicate financial policies, regulations, and customer requirements to
• Ensure all accounting and financial activities are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
• Work collaboratively with other disciplines within the Company.
• Complete various financial and accounting projects as needed.
• Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
• Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for
safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
• Must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of related experience required.
• CPA designation required for this position.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
• Able to communicate effectively with higher levels of management.
• Intermediate experience with financial modeling, and forecasting required.
• Ability to interpret and communicate financial policies, regulations, and customer requirements to
• Experience with TMI and Oracle Cloud preferred.
• Oil and Gas experience preferred