Founded in 1986, Asset Living (“Asset”) is a Houston-based real estate management firm. With a growing portfolio that includes a multitude of properties across the nation, Asset provides services to a variety of clients that include property management, asset management, receivership, and investment services. Asset is a member of The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and is recognized as an Accredited Management Organization (AMO). Asset presently manages a portfolio consisting of approximately 65,000 units and 140,00 beds. Our people truly are the most valued part of our company, and as such we acknowledge and reward those who consistently show initiative and add value. As we grow, positions continually open for all career levels. We look to hire experienced housing professionals who can make an immediate impact in the organization and those who embrace the Asset way. Ultimately, professionals join our organization because of our reputation, culture and growth.
Property Accountant for a portfolio of approximately 15 properties. Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for the assets. Remote position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports and bank reconciliation’s in accordance with owner deadline/requirements while adhering to policies and procedures and maintaining effective internal controls
- Perform cash management functions, initiate and post journal entries, and research & resolve issues as needed
- Analyze expenses and prepare accruals based on budget
- Review accounts payable activity & cash balances and select invoices for payment
- Perform monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare audit related requests and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree. Preference in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of financial concepts
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- physical requirements
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.