At AT&T, we help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. Our 5G network is live for consumers and businesses across the country. We’re also building FirstNet, the nationwide network that enables first responders and public safety officials to stay connected in times of crisis. Our robust and growing fiber footprint provides gigabit speeds to nearly two million customers. Innovation powers all that we do and as part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passion for technology and connecting the world through top-of-the line communications to transform our company and your career.
Joining our team as a Finance Leadership Development Program summer intern means you’ll be part of the program ranked as #5 in Top Programs In Telecommunications, by MBA Exchange. We’re also proud to be ranked by Vault, Inc. #3 in Diversity with Respect to Women, #7 in Overall Diversity, and have been on their list of top 10 finance programs 8 times in a row. Our program offers an opportunity for you to maximize your exposure and impact across our entire finance organization within AT&T Inc. and its operating companies – AT&T Communications, and AT&T Latin America. We’ll provide the development, mentoring, and networking opportunities you need to gain an edge. In return, you’ll have the chance to learn all about the different areas of corporate finance across our business units alongside others who are just as driven as you. In fact, you’ll collaborate directly with our top financial decision makers and executives, gaining insight into how they lead.
Our FLDP summer internship is designed to set you up to be considered for our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program upon graduation. How better to advance your career than building relationships with current and former participants who work in diverse roles across AT&T? That’s why you’ll complete a 10 to 12 week summer internship assignment in one of our areas of finance like Corporate Financial Planning, Business & Consumer Finance, and more. You’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of mentoring opportunities, roundtable discussions, executive speaker series, luncheons, and contribute to our Innovation Pipeline.
Our FLDP summer interns make big impacts. Some examples include:
• Analyzing Deals: An FLDP summer intern prepared and analyzed tens of millions worth of business case 2020 Roadmap Initiatives, which were sent to senior management for approval.
• Analysis Automation: An FLDP summer intern created Power BI dashboards to analyze millions of dollars worth of debt maturities to help leadership manage debt paydown.
• Identifying Cost Savings: An FLDP summer intern constructed a commission payout forecasting tool to adjust commission quotas, preventing business unit overpayment by over $10 million on an annual basis.
If you have a passion for numbers and technology, and the desire to join a team known for improving processes and making an impact on AT&T’s overall business, this internship was made for you. Ready to be the future? It starts with you. Apply today!
To be considered for this program, you must:
• Be currently pursuing an MBA or master’s degree (finance, accounting, or economics is a plus) and expecting to graduate by Spring of 2023.
• Have three or more years of full time work experience (required).
• Be able to collaborate on complex issues, thrive in a leadership position, and be up for an adventure – and by that, we mean relocating to places such as Dallas, Atlanta, Greater Los Angeles, New York City, New Jersey, or to other locations where the business needs are. These job assignment locations are variable and subject to change at any time based the needs of the business.
• The tenacity to uphold the AT&T Culture Model to Serve Customers First, Act boldly, and Win as One.
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status