Intern, Data Science
Autodesk Forge is looking for an enthusiastic student who is interested in Data Engineering. You’ll be improving critical data processing & analytics pipelines and researching innovative ways to transform data into insights.
Autodesk customers make sense of the world through rich streams of data that might include 3D scans of buildings, fluid dynamic simulations, daily notes on the construction site, trends on product usage and more. As a Summer 2021 Data Engineering intern, you will get to apply your knowledge in data engineering, work with the interesting data sets, and make an impact by helping our customers create a better, safer, more sustainable world.
- Help define and drive execution of the data engineering roadmap for Autodesk Forge
- Develop, test and deploy new data pipelines to support customer requirements and fix defects and implement enhancements
- Develop processes and techniques for practicing good data hygiene to ensure data is always up-to-date, accurate, and stored efficiently
- Apply expertise in aggregating multiple data sources to creating complex SQL queries and reusable solutions
- Run experiments for TRANSFORMS to simplify the hosting and functionality for Analytics Transforms and if possible make them more self-service – AWS MWAA with DBT integrated with GIT
- Run experiment for INGESTION to improve speed and reduce cost speed up ingestion of data – assess new FiveTran solution and assess other pre-ingestion data filtering
- Optimizing self-service aspects of the Forge Analytics Pipeline – to see if we could come up with a manifest JSON definition that customers could use to describe their data fields and sources and transforms and representation
- Proficiency in SQL, Python
- Knowledge in AWS, CI/CD, GIT, Jenkins
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong desire to learn and experiment
- Experience with large datasets and large scale analytics is preferred
- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- Student must be actively enrolled in a degree granting academic institution or accredited boot camp at the time of internship
- Students must reside and be attending university in the country where the internship is being offered
- A mix of previous internship, school project, volunteer and leadership experience is also important
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, Data Engineering, Analytics, Machine Learning, Physical Sciences, or a related field
About the US Intern Program
The U.S. program runs from May through August for 12 weeks and will be remote (subject to change). All internships are paid. Interns have the opportunity to work alongside peers from universities all over the country and participate in intern events such as TED talks, mentoring, fun events, and more.
US recruiting begins in the Fall and concludes end of March.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.