AXIA Partners works with mid-market and large, public and private companies that are growing, in transition and are facing strict and demanding deadlines, by providing an energetic team of accomplished professionals to address their most pressing financial, compliance and IT needs. For over 16 years. AXIA has partnered with over 300 clients to deliver world class services in SOX Compliance/ERM/Internal Audit, Information Technology Security and Controls (HITRUST Certified), GRC Software, SEC and Financial Reporting, US GAAP/IFRS & Derivatives and Technical Accounting/IPO Readiness/M&A/Restructuring.
Consultants work with AXIA’s clients, who are typically among industry’s leading companies. As a consultant, you collaborate with the team to deliver client solutions for complex business problems that these organizations face. Our focus is on developing consultants across our business and solutions in order to gain experience in various industries, grow their technical capabilities, and gain leadership qualities that will ensure their future success.
Since we work with clients, typically at their sites, this position requires travel to client sites. Out-of-town travel may also be required. Consultants need reliable transportation to and from local client sites.
Staff Financial Auditor
- Provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects in line with firm risk management practices for the financial services practice.
- Develop audit programs, working papers, and internal audit reports.
- Perform SOX compliance activities including walkthroughs, testing of key controls, preparation of risk and control matrixes and flow charts.
- Document SOX walkthroughs in the form of a narrative. In addition, prepare audit work papers supporting the evidence collected in the testing of key controls.
- Update process narratives, risk and control matrixes, and flow charts whenever changes are made to a business process.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and work with management personnel to recommend remediation plans, if necessary.
- Prepare periodic update reports to send to management on the status of the SOX implementation/audit.
- Follow up on reported audit findings to ascertain whether remediation and appropriate actions were taken and implemented by client.
- Assist external audit with testing in conjunction with the year-end external audit when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Either currently working on or a strong desire to obtain either a CPA or a CIA designation
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to create/modify Pivot Table reports and perform “V Look-ups”
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.