Business Operations Associate
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Business Operations Associate to contribute to the strategic direction and oversee aspects of the day-to-day business operations of
the Center. The successful candidate will work closely with Center leadership, faculty, and staff to accomplish the overall mission and goals of the Center.
For more information about the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise day-to-day business operations, including the review and approval of expenses, purchasing, accounts payable, and other financial transactions
- In collaboration with Center and program leadership, develop, manage, and control budgets for Center programs and initiatives
- Manage human resources activities for the Center, including the development of staffing plans, the hiring lifecycle, onboarding, performance reviews, and personnel actions
- Prepare and present reports for programs, grant activities, and financial data to appropriate leadership and stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and implementation of successful strategies for the Center’s long-term growth and stability in our core mission areas of research, clinical ethics, education, and community engagement
- Implement policies and guidelines for Center activities
- Actively collaborate with key department and College stakeholders to maximize effective business operations
- Oversee or originate special projects or initiatives related to the business operations of the Center
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience
- Education Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in business operations, finance, human resources, project management, process improvement, planning, and execution
- Experience in a bioethics or policy center or organization, and interest in bioethics and health policy
- Experience and knowledge of SAP, Concur, SuccessFactors, Power BI and other ERP systems preferred
- Expert excel skills and the ability to produce effective and actionable reporting
- Ability to display a professional, positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required and must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, efficient, and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of autonomy and flexibility in accepting work assignments with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, understand processes, and resolve issues
How to Apply
Those interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter indicating their desire to be considered. Please apply at: https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-Business-Operations-Associate-Texa77001/699901200/.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
About the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Baylor College of Medicine is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world’s largest medical center, Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates.
The Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy has 16 primary faculty members, 31 secondary faculty, 24 scholars, and 30 staff, housed on the main Baylor campus in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
Our Center’s faculty teach in the undergraduate and graduate medical education curricula, direct an award-winning ethics pathway and newly developed health policy pathway for advanced medical students, and have
developed a comprehensive College-wide graduate medical education curriculum in ethics, professionalism, and health policy. Center faculty are actively engaged in funded research supported by the NIH, PCORI, and private
foundations. Our faculty publish high-impact papers in the peer-reviewed scientific, clinical, and bioethics literature and have authored and edited several seminal books in bioethics. Finally, our faculty direct clinical
ethics programs at affiliated hospitals in the Texas Medical Center, that conduct over 500 clinical ethics consultations per year.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty, and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and
biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.