Do you have a passion for helping others succeed in the workplace? Are you excited by ensuring compliance and improving business processes? If so, read on, because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join us as our Human Resources Intern as part of our HR & Talent team based in Washington, DC.
As the Human Resources Intern for BBYO, you will be responsible for many parts of employee and volunteer life cycle including recruitment, compliance, onboarding, and offboarding. This position also serves as key HR administrator for new hire paperwork, data entry, and other HR projects.
You are excited about working in Human Resources. Attention to detail comes very naturally to you. You value organizations that are grounded in authentic care for their employees. You are eager to research and maintain compliance for BBYO including background checks, compliance documents, and labor law postings. You are excited to help attract employees and volunteers to BBYO and creative in your approach to doing so.
We are a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens during the schoolyear with 600 teen-led local chapters and over 100 weekend retreats along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, global travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and every day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and results driven.
What You will Get to Do as our Human Resources Intern:
- Provide administrative support for the recruiting function to include job posting, job description drafting, reference checking, setting up interviews and candidate phone screening.
- Process background checks for both volunteers and employees.
- Administer onboarding of seasonal summer employees and contractors including HR data entry, onboarding paperwork (I9s, W-4s and policy sign-off), and coordinating and tracking new hire trainings.
- Maintain and update accurate personnel records in our HR system as needed.
- Prepare and send end all paperwork or updated policies with signatory needs via DocuSign
- Assist in maintenance of Volunteer Management System (VMS) – Volunteer Matters
- Conduct data audits and maintain the accuracy of the VMS to ensure compliance.
- Support both staff and volunteer Annual Compliance training by coordinating, entering, and tracking participation and completion.
- Ensure BBYO policies and labor law postings are constantly updated and in compliance.
- Assist with employment verifications.
- Respond timely and professionally to all email inquiries and redirect questions as needed.
- Participate as requested on ad hoc HR-related special projects.
- Enrollment in a degree program at an accredited university
- A background in BBYO is preferred.
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week. This is a part time internship.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
- Familiarity and/or experience in HR administration and recruiting is desired.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be resourceful and adaptable.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with HRIS (preferably with ADP) and other applications used in the Human Resources department (ex- Greenhouse) is preferred but not required.
This is a Part-Time 12-Month position.
You will find friends and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, give back to your community, and, most important, be yourself.