BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
Associates will join a thriving Governance & Compliance practice that continues to grow its information risk management and data privacy practice area. Successful candidates are highly motivated, organized, willing to learn on the job, and can interact with professionals at all levels. Successful candidates will have interest in being trained to assist with technical tasks, project management tasks, learning the fundamentals of governance, risk and compliance, and would like to build their professional experience through working on multiple project aspects across engagement teams.
·Participates in conducting data governance and privacy assessments.
·Participates in conducting Payment Card Industry (PCI) assessments, readiness reports, and other related tasks.
·Manages individual project responsibilities related to information management project tasks.
·Assists the team with developing client reports, including findings and recommendations.
·Assists with developing data flow diagrams and maintains updates of diagrams over time.
·Participates in National Security Compliance (NSC) projects.
·Assists with Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) project work.
·Collects information for business privacy processing registers and information inventories.
·Utilizes tools like WireWheel.io, OneTrust, or TrustArc to assist clients with maintaining privacy programs.
·Develops and maintains client status reports.
·Develops assessment reports, including findings and recommendations.
·Provides data subject access requests support for the team by aggregating data sets, formulating responses to the data subject, and tracks response times and response methods. Attends and documents technical client interviews, internal meetings and memorialize report and memorandum contents.
·Conducts records management inventories onsite or remotely for hard copy and electronic files.
·Assists on cybersecurity assessments.
·Conducts research for client projects to ensure that they receive the most up to date solutions available on the market.
·Supports project requests related to enterprise information governance, records & information management, and litigation readiness.
·Budgets time and assists with multiple project requests simultaneously, as well as the ability to monitor project tasks and risks.
·Travel required as necessary. Could be up to 90% for the first 12 months.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree, required
· Internships, externships or professional experience with data management, technology, compliance, and/or business management, preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint, required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
· Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and research skills related to the retrieval and organization of high volumes of information.
· Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
· Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
· Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
How to Apply
Apply on Gateway and the BDO site: www.bdo.com/careers/students