Baton Rouge, LA
Bernhard Energy Solutions is one of the largest privately-owned engineering, mechanical, and electrical contractors in America, now transforming to deliver energy solutions for the future. Bernhard employs 2,000 team members in 25 locations across the United States, with over 100 years of experience servicing commercial and specialty markets.
Bernhard Energy Solutions is seeking an experienced Staff General Ledger (GL) Accountant to join the corporate financial team in Baton Rouge, LA.
· Prepare and record monthly journal entries
· Complete account reconciliations and resolve any identified discrepancies
· Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly financial statements and reporting packages to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
· Assist in the development and preparation of presentations to communicate key financial information including historical and forecasted performance, documenting deviations from budget
· Explore and present opportunities to improve and streamline month end close and reporting processes
· Participate in the preparation of financial reporting for board of directors, auditors, energy projects, and special assignments
· Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner
· Assist Accounting team with a variety of tasks and special projects as requested
· Assist in the coordination of the annual audit
Skills & Requirements
Skills & Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
· Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred
· CPA designation is strongly preferred
· Must have 1-3 years of experience in accounting, auditing, financial reporting, or financial analysis
· Experience working in a public accounting firm is preferred
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative team player
· Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
· CMA, MBA, and/or construction/engineering industry experience is a plus
· Reports directly to the Corporate Controller
Bernhard is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is Bernhard’s policy to recruit, test, hire, promote, transfer, compensate, train, grant leave, and terminate based on merit and business needs, and without regard to race, creed, age, color, ancestry/national origin, sex, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, religion, sexual orientation/sexual identity, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC ("Company") and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information email@example.com.