This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO’s diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation’s third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
The Account Executive will cover all call points for urology throughout Houston Texas and the surrounding areas.
Schedule:Monday — Friday 8am to 5pm. Some nights and weekends required. Some (occasional) overnight travel required (sales meetings).
The Account Executive will be responsible for maintaining existing accounts as well as closing new business in the oncology, hospital, and pathology specialties. AEs will drive key tests, products and services in the aforementioned specialties and will call on physician offices and hospitals.
Duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Drive sales in assigned districts through up selling of existing accounts, new lead generation, referrals and establishing relationships with prospective customers
- Target and close new business opportunities
- Partner with and notify Manager of complex issues or when full-touch service is required in an associated institution
- Provide problem resolution for client concerns/questions, including, but not limited to, requisition review to determine tests ordered/missed, ask at order entry discrepancy, transportation concerns, technical services inquiries and test code/specimen collection inquiries, missing/incorrect billing information and other billing inquiries
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Maintain and pursue knowledge in associated specialist testing area
- Maintain a breadth of knowledge of all connectivity products (i.e. CareEvolve, STORM)
- Prepare and present proposals and bids
- Ensure compliance with company polices and government regulations
- Complete all administrative tasks thoroughly and promptly
Minimum Qualifications (required vs preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business major
- 3 years of business-to-business medical / healthcare sales experience
- Hospital sales experience is essential
- Laboratory industry experience
- Must have a clean, valid Driver License and a vehicle to use for work on a daily basis
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships; strong planning and organizational skills
- Solid PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory and occasional overnight travel for meetings
- Oncology sales experience is highly desired
Influence, Customer Focus, Negotiating Skills, Problem Solving, Confidence, Drive for Results
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req Number: BRL-20-8069
Location: HOUSTON , TX 77024