Sales Support Coordinator
Birkman International has an opening for a Sales Support Coordinator to help us manage our network of International Distributors and Independent Coaches and Consultants. The ideal applicant will be excellent at building relationships and supporting a team in a fast-paced environment. They should be an exceptional communicator who feels comfortable talking with customers, rapidly identifying their needs, brainstorming ways to resolve issues they may have, and then owning the issue to resolution. This position is focused on driving revenue and will work cross-functionally with the Customer Service, Sales, and Training teams.
This is a full-time hourly position working at our offices in Houston. Limited remote work is possible. Hours are typically 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, but the Sales Support Coordinator may be required to work occasionally outside these hours to host virtual meetings with international clients.
The Sales Support Coordinator will report to the head of our International and Independent Consultant Sales Team. Salaries for this position start at $18 per hour and the final rate of pay is commiserated with the level of experience the candidate has. This position is eligible to participate in our full benefits plan, an annual incentive program, and paid professional development. To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Birkman International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- First point-of-contact for incoming calls and inquires: resolve product or service problems by clarifying need; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Maintain a flexible, responsive, and accessible attitude toward all clients
- Be responsive and meet all service-level agreements for each support category
- Perform routine administrative duties including data research, editing and proofreading written materials to ensure correct format, spelling, punctuation, and grammar, preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Daily data entry of contact and account information in Birkman internal systems and customer relationship management platforms
- Assist account representatives with lead qualification and expedite the sales process, analyze and report on campaign performances with reports and dashboards
- Maintain documentation of sales processes, policies, and relevant sales training materials
- Identify process bottlenecks or redundancies and suggest solutions
- Produce accurate sales reporting for International department
- Processing training master rosters in coordination with other departments
- Update facilitators and participants of any changes involving a training class
- Coordinate online resources for International Authorized Trainers
- Enter training information for each participant into Birkman’s internal database(s)
- Crosstrain on and be back-up support for the Birkman Learning System to ensure users have 24/7/365 access to online learning products (classes and course materials)
- Generate monthly reports for reconciliation with the Finance team
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, and contribute creatively to the success of the group
- Highly detail-oriented, with very low margin of error when entering/changing data in spreadsheets and online systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English; Spanish highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, process work rapidly, set and adjust priorities based on business needs and judgment, work under pressure, and follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively manage multiple inputs and interruptions throughout the day
- Ability to problem-solve, including the ability to anticipate various outcomes and provide alternative/multiple solutions when possible
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Teams
- Advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with customer relationship management software (i.e. Salesforce) is preferred
- Experience with customer service ticketing systems (i.e. Zendesk) is preferred
- Experience with learning management systems (i.e. LearnUpon) is preferred
- Experience with hosting on virtual conferencing software (i.e. Zoom) is preferred