What do you want to become?
As an intern at BKD, you will gain valuable experience that may help you decide whether you want to start your career in audit or tax, or even whether public accounting is right for you. You will work on client engagements just like those assigned to our entry-level associates, gaining exposure to a variety of industries and testing out your technical know-how. You will work alongside our senior staff and management personnel, learning from their experience as you develop your skill set.
Take your career to the next level at a national CPA and advisory firm. At BKD, we offer the resources you need to go as far as your talent will take you. Build your skills focusing on specific industries and service areas while delivering unmatched client service to high-profile companies and organizations. Take a closer look at BKD, a stable, growing firm that offers you competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Work with great people and experience rewarding career opportunities. Our approximately 2,250 CPAs, advisors and dedicated staff serve clients in 50 states and internationally.
Interns may take on the following responsibilities:
• Complete audit testing on financial statement accounts such as cash, accounts payable, or fixed assets
• Work with client personnel to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
• Help draft management letter comments and the audit report
• Participate in client meetings alongside BKD partners and managers
Successful interns display the following skills and characteristics:
• Solid technical accounting knowledge
• Effective time management
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
• Problem-solving attitude
• Willingness to take initiative
• Close attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
Intern candidates must be working toward an accounting degree and CPA exam eligibility and have a minimum 3.0 GPA (overall and in accounting). Successful completion of Intermediate Accounting I and Introductory Tax is preferred. U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status is required for this internship position.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.