The IT Intern works under close supervision in performing specific tasks assigned by the IT unit to which he/she is assigned for a 3-month or shorter period.
About This Role
As a Financial Systems Analyst intern, you will work in the Statistics area of the Information Technology Division and will provide support to teams involved in the collection, validation and analysis of data reported by financial entities used by decision makers. You will work closely with team members to provide data support, research and analytical services to those responsible for formulation and conduct of monetary, regulatory and supervisory policy.
What You’ll Be Doing
Financial Systems Analyst interns support teams in
- Implementing new data collections
- Conducting research and analytical services related to financial data
- Validating data through the use of automated data collection systems
- Providing project management support, and much more!
Previous Financial Systems Analyst interns had the opportunity to contribute to projects related to
- Analyzing revisions of financial data submitted by financial entities
- Updating data quality checks
- Ensuring data collection system access requests are organized
- Processing data reported by financial entities
- Developing metrics for evaluation of the Statistics business line
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML)
Through these projects, you will gain experience with various data collection methods and technology, data validation processes, and have the opportunity to determine if a career in financial data collection and analysis is for you.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Our mission matters. It includes promoting a strong economy for the American people by fostering stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nations’ monetary, financial, and payment systems. As an intern at the Federal Reserve Board, you will have the opportunity to contribute to this mission.
Why the Fed?
In case you weren’t already convinced, an internship at the Federal Reserve Board includes even more perks such as an opportunity to meet the Chair, networking opportunities, diverse and inclusive workplace and so many other benefits!
Education Requirements: The IT Internship requires a minimum of two years of college coursework in economics, finance, statistics, accounting, or related discipline.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.