The ideal candidate will have a security- first mindset with experience leading infrastructure and DevOps teams utilizing security best practices. You will work closely with other members of Bottle Rocket’s Technology organization as well as with the sales, legal, and project teams on DevOps and security-related topics. You will be primarily responsible for the continued evolution of our DevSecOps practice and Cloud Security capabilities as well as oversight of Desktop Support. As a Director, strong thought leadership, partnership, strategy-setting, and communication skills are a must. This role will oversee and coordinate Enterprise Compliance, Business Continuity, Enterprise Risk Management, and Information Security, in addition to leveraging automation to integrate Application Security into the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Serve as a Security Evangelist internally, as well as with potential and existing clients
- Establish new and improve existing DevOps discipline standards and development / delivery processes
- Serve as authoritative source, internally and externally, on security and privacy with an emphasis on sensitive data manipulation, storage and processing
- Manage the process of evaluating our tools and migrating data to cloud-based systems wherever necessary
- Lead initiatives, as defined by leadership, to improve efficiency, embrace new technologies, and improve our overall security, CI/CD, system administration and/or desktop support processes.
- Oversee desktop support department and needs; facilitate communication between Bottle Rocket and our parent company
- Evaluate and utilize outside consultants to support security needs, and other capabilities as needed
- Escalate issues and risks, and their business impact in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seek and remove impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Develop communications program and SOP’s for application threats and external and internal security events.
- Improve and expand application security risk posture and processes across the business
- Build a high-performing team
- Work directly with high-potential individual contributors and managers to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers. Optimize overall team performance, by targeted coaching of team members
- Answer questionnaires; review contracts; answer customer questions and conduct security calls with clients. Work with General Counsel to provide recommendations.
- Develop and execute secure software development strategy for Bottle Rocket, including policies, standards, and governance
- Manage and design automation to integrate Application Security into various CI/CD pipelines for our projects
- Continuously improve software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
- Perform human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, salary management, performance evaluation, and coaching
- Provide accurate estimates of projects, or approve estimates given by others within your department
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems
- Provide customer feedback on security matters when needed
- Develop and maintain relationships across the technology organization, the security industry, peer organizations and other entities as necessary to benchmark Company Application Security program and keep current in best practices
- Leads cross-functional teams to define objectives, strategies, and domain performance metrics
- Manage overall staffing including assigning the right team members to each project and onboarding flexible staff when needed
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and teams
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- When requested, work with potential clients to understand their business goals and help define project scope and timeline. Help bridge the gap between business goals, architecture limitations and technical delivery, as needed
- When requested, aid Business Development in sales pitches and technical assessments
- Perform on-the-job training and research
- Work on internal documentation, training and other special projects, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- 10+ years’ software industry experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing a team of technical resources, including recruiting, administrative, performance, and resource planning
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Application Security, DevOps, or Cloud Security functions as a leader or in a people management role
- Strong industry experience relevant to Cloud Service Providers, with an understanding of the AWS security stack
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and related compliances is required
- Industry certifications required: CISSP, SANS
Bottle Rocket is a Dallas-based experience consultancy that provides business strategy, product, design and technology services that drive business results and solve unmet needs. Our experience services are purposefully designed to focus on the entire experience lifecycle. Our core competencies include:
· Corporate strategy & insights for growth & digital transformation
· Product strategy & management for long-term business impact
· Visual & experience design grounded in customer behavior & insights
· Engineering & technical delivery expertise for digital experiences
· Strategic growth services & modern product stack implementation
· Innovative approaches & solutions to businesses’ most complex challenges
Over the last 12 years, we have created 450 award-winning experiences for clients across multiple industries, such as Caesars Entertainment, Starwood Hotels & Resorts (now Marriott), 7-Eleven, NPR, Baylor Scott & White Health, Robert Half, MoneyGram, Coca-Cola and so many more, that have made an impact on the bottom line and the customers they serve.
Our team is made up of thinkers, makers, and experts. We have built a reputation of a fun culture, industry-leading experience design abilities, high-quality code and delivery, and out-of-this-world strategy and product competencies. From the beginning, continuous innovation has been the foundation of our culture. It’s more than just a buzzword to us. It’s our day-to-day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our motivation.
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here.
We are looking for someone to help keep elevating our scaling company and cherished team.
Bottle Rocket Founder and CEO Calvin Carter announced a permanent “Work from Wherever” future for our Dallas-based company in May 2020. This new way of working offers a more relevant, contextual, productive, and personalized way to work for our Rocketeers (what we call our employees), demonstrates the company’s continued commitment to our clients, and further illustrates its our progressive and innovative culture and philosophy.
In addition, our benefits & perks at a high-level include;
· Self-managed vacation (no limit on the number of vacation days you can take in a given year)
· Health, vision & dental benefits
· HSA contribution
· 401(k) matching
· Paid parental leave
· Flexible, transparent, and open environment
· Many fun company-wide events
· Top-of-the-line tools and technology
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.