As a Technical Delivery Lead, You will work with vendors, 3rd parties, client teams, and our internal teams to lead the delivery of custom software applications for Bottle Rocket. Drive development and deployment of consumer-facing mobile applications and websites.
Remote opportunity available!
- Gather estimates from the development team for projects and features, challenging the team appropriately to ensure that estimates are realistic. Measure results.
- Address internal and external technical risks, issues and dependencies, even when ownership lies outside the team. Escalate appropriately. Partner with project managers, especially when timelines could be impacted.
- Represent development in external status meetings, communicating technical approach and challenges on behalf of Bottle Rocket’s entire development team.
- Understand the client’s systems architecture and how the application(s) being developed by Bottle Rocket will integrate with the client’s systems.
- Work with client’s back-end development teams and/or 3rd party developers to communicate mobile/web application needs and ensure successful delivery of necessary APIs.
- Drive collaboration across internal platform development teams, ensuring that features and implementations for each platform remain in sync.
- Support application deployments; work closely with developers and quality assurance to ensure successful software releases and enforce proper procedures to be followed. Own go/no-go decisions.
- Participate in software architecture and design reviews and advocate for prioritization of tech debt.
- Document technical and systems requirements (functional and non-functional), as needed.
- Enforce Bottle Rocket’s technical standards and best practices are being followed; make sure we are proud of the software that we are releasing.
- Thoroughly comply with all documented security policies and procedures and verify that all deliverables meet those requirements.
- Identify opportunities for quality improvements on software development productivity and predictability.
- Suggest improvements to delivery processes based on new technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep up to date with latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Maintain working knowledge of high-level software architecture principles as well as Bottle Rocket’s technical standards and best practices.
- Work on internal documentation, training and other special projects, as required.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or proven relevant experience
- 10+ years’ software industry experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a delivery leadership role
- Experience delivering consumer-facing mobile applications and/or websites
- Hands-on experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here.
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Bottle Rocket, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship, genetic information, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse workforce. In fact, we believe strongly that diversity is one of the best competitive advantages. Whether it’s diversity of age, ethnicity, gender, belief systems or world views, a more diverse group of people will always produce a more robust, creative and comprehensive solution. We value all Rocketeers’ talents equally and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. None of us is more important than another.
Seniority Level: Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Marketing & Advertising, Information Technology & Services, Computer Software
Job Functions: Management, Manufacturing