As a Technical Delivery Lead, You will work with vendors, 3rd parties, client teams, and our internal teams to lead the delivery of custom software applications for Bottle Rocket. Drive development and deployment of consumer-facing mobile applications and websites.
Must be located in the USA and have US Citizenship or possess a Green Card.
- Gather estimates from the development team for projects and features, challenging the team appropriately to ensure that estimates are realistic. Measure results.
- Address internal and external technical risks, issues and dependencies, even when ownership lies outside the team. Escalate appropriately. Partner with project managers, especially when timelines could be impacted.
- Represent development in external status meetings, communicating technical approach and challenges on behalf of Bottle Rocket’s entire development team.
- Understand the client’s systems architecture and how the application(s) being developed by Bottle Rocket will integrate with the client’s systems.
- Work with client’s back-end development teams and/or 3rd party developers to communicate mobile/web application needs and ensure successful delivery of necessary APIs.
- Drive collaboration across internal platform development teams, ensuring that features and implementations for each platform remain in sync.
- Support application deployments; work closely with developers and quality assurance to ensure successful software releases and enforce proper procedures to be followed. Own go/no-go decisions.
- Participate in software architecture and design reviews and advocate for prioritization of tech debt.
- Document technical and systems requirements (functional and non-functional), as needed.
- Enforce Bottle Rocket’s technical standards and best practices are being followed; make sure we are proud of the software that we are releasing.
- Thoroughly comply with all documented security policies and procedures and verify that all deliverables meet those requirements.
- Identify opportunities for quality improvements on software development productivity and predictability.
- Suggest improvements to delivery processes based on new technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep up to date with latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Maintain working knowledge of high-level software architecture principles as well as Bottle Rocket’s technical standards and best practices.
- Work on internal documentation, training and other special projects, as required.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field, or proven relevant experience
- 5+ years’ software industry experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a delivery leadership role
- Experience delivering consumer-facing mobile applications and/or websites
- Hands-on experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
Bottle Rocket is a Dallas-based experience consultancy that provides business strategy, product, design and technology services that drive business results and solve unmet needs. Our experience services are purposefully designed to focus on the entire experience lifecycle. Our core competencies include:
· Corporate strategy & insights for growth & digital transformation
· Product strategy & management for long-term business impact
· Visual & experience design grounded in customer behavior & insights
· Engineering & technical delivery expertise for digital experiences
· Strategic growth services & modern product stack implementation
· Innovative approaches & solutions to businesses’ most complex challenges
Over the last 12 years, we have created 450 award-winning experiences for clients across multiple industries, such as Caesars Entertainment, Starwood Hotels & Resorts (now Marriott), 7-Eleven, NPR, Baylor Scott & White Health, Robert Half, MoneyGram, Coca-Cola and so many more, that have made an impact on the bottom line and the customers they serve.
Our team is made up of thinkers, makers, and experts. We have built a reputation of a fun culture, industry-leading experience design abilities, high-quality code and delivery, and out-of-this-world strategy and product competencies. From the beginning, continuous innovation has been the foundation of our culture. It’s more than just a buzz word to us. It’s our day-to-day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our motivation.
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here.
We are looking for someone to help keep elevating our scaling company and cherished team.
Bottle Rocket Founder and CEO Calvin Carter announced a permanent “Work from Wherever” future for our Dallas-based company in May 2020. This new way of working offers a more relevant, contextual, productive and personalized way to work for our Rocketeers (what we call our employees), demonstrates the company’s continued commitment to our clients, and further illustrates its our progressive and innovative culture and philosophy.
In addition, our benefits & perks at a high-level include;
· Self-managed vacation (no limit on the number of vacation days you can take in a given year)
· Health, vision & dental benefits
· HSA contribution
· 401(k) matching
· Paid parental leave
· Flexible, transparent, and open environment
· Many fun company-wide events
· Top-of-the-line tools and technology
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.