At Bottle Rocket, we make things that matter by embracing the impossible. Through a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, our Rocketeers craft smart, engaging and impactful experiences that can transform business. We’re looking to add a User Researcher to help our world-class Experience Design team create experiences for some of the most recognized brands on the planet.
As a UX Researcher, you are highly collaborative, strategic in planning and executing research, and committed to evaluating user-centered customer experiences. As a subject matter expert, you are focused on utilizing research methods to help stakeholders understand customer needs, behaviors, and expectations with the goal of informing both tactical as well as strategic efforts. You are a highly effective communicator and influencer who can act as the customer advocate. You spread curiosity and empathy.
In this role you will work closely with senior researchers, product leaders, marketers, data analysts, and engineers throughout the product development life-cycle and help translate research findings into actionable insights to improve usability, conversion, customer retention and engagement. You will apply a range of research approaches including generative qualitative inquiry, participatory design, cognitive walkthroughs and concept feedback. You will utilize various methods at different points along the design process to answer different types of questions, serve as key resource to guide teams through Design Research methods.
- Identify the best research method or mix of methods needed for a project based on research question assessments, timelines and available resources
- Plan and conduct generative and evaluative user research studies by employing a variety of research methodologies such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Ethnographic Studies, Contextual Inquiry, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Card-Sorting, Benchmarking, etc. to gauge customer experience impact and track user success measures
- Lead, facilitate and partner with teams through the qualitative research process, inspiring a human-centered design approaches and outcomes
- Provide hands-on design research
- Manage multiple concurrent research activities through close alignment with project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 additional years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing user research projects in user-centered and service design focused environments
- Experience in design research activities including planning, moderation, analysis and synthesis, insight translation and communication of findings required
- Advanced knowledge in design research industry practices and emerging trends
- Proven track record executing all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment screener, facilitation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations)
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative skills to arrive at well thought-out, and data supported recommendations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge and practice of the spectrum of qualitative user research methodologies with an emphasis on generative research in both lab and field settings
- Ability to coach and guide non-researchers in the practice
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Remote user testing application knowledge
Bottle Rocket is a Dallas-based experience consultancy that provides business strategy, product, design and technology services that drive business results and solve unmet needs. Our experience services are purposefully designed to focus on the entire experience lifecycle. Our core competencies include:
· Corporate strategy & insights for growth & digital transformation
· Product strategy & management for long-term business impact
· Visual & experience design grounded in customer behavior & insights
· Engineering & technical delivery expertise for digital experiences
· Strategic growth services & modern product stack implementation
· Innovative approaches & solutions to businesses’ most complex challenges
Over the last 12 years, we have created 450 award-winning experiences for clients across multiple industries, such as Caesars Entertainment, Starwood Hotels & Resorts (now Marriott), 7-Eleven, NPR, Baylor Scott & White Health, Robert Half, MoneyGram, Coca-Cola and so many more, that have made an impact on the bottom line and the customers they serve.
Our team is made up of thinkers, makers, and experts. We have built a reputation of a fun culture, industry-leading experience design abilities, high-quality code and delivery, and out-of-this-world strategy and product competencies. From the beginning, continuous innovation has been the foundation of our culture. It’s more than just a buzz word to us. It’s our day-to-day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our motivation.
Our people are our greatest strength. Bottle Rocket firmly believes in diversity, inclusion, and racial equality for everyone. We are committed to taking a bold stance against inequality and are asking you to join us. We know we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but we also know that we are taking steps in the right direction. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to inclusion & diversity here.
We are looking for someone to help keep elevating our scaling company and cherished team.
Bottle Rocket Founder and CEO Calvin Carter announced a permanent “Work from Wherever” future for our Dallas-based company in May 2020. This new way of working offers a more relevant, contextual, productive and personalized way to work for our Rocketeers (what we call our employees), demonstrates the company’s continued commitment to our clients, and further illustrates its our progressive and innovative culture and philosophy.
In addition, our benefits & perks at a high-level include;
· Self-managed vacation (no limit on the number of vacation days you can take in a given year)
· Health, vision & dental benefits
· HSA contribution
· 401(k) matching
· Paid parental leave
· Flexible, transparent, and open environment
· Many fun company-wide events
· Top-of-the-line tools and technology
Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the world-wide WPP integrated communications network.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.