Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation’s premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Location – Atlanta, GA
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles who is ready for an immerse, real-world experience at a large not-for-profit organization. Under the supervision of Director of Accounting and Senior Accountant- General Ledger, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles. You should be collaborative, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
• Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
• Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
• Reconciling general ledger accounts and supporting policy documentation. Support treasury accounting activities.
• Assisting with general accounting month-end closing procedures. Support integration of Alliance clients into organization.
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
• Assisting with preparation of year-end tax returns and supporting internal control project.
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
• Must be a recent graduate or actively working toward a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
• Satisfactory completion of intermediate accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
Strong PC Skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook software.
• High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Requisition Number: 2021-5417
Region Specifics: Georgia
External Company Name: Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Street: 1275 Peachtree St NE
Work from Home?: Yes