Do you have a strong interest in financial markets and trading? Are you interested in a career in energy? Would you like the chance to win a scholarship toward your studies? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, the Sophomore Experience program may be the perfect blend of your interests and an opportunity to learn about careers within Trading & Shipping at bp. This program is designed exclusively for university students in between their Sophomore and Junior years and gives a deep dive into the world of commodity trading in the energy industry. Some of the highlights of Sophomore Experience include:
- Exploration of BP’s energy marketing, origination, analytics, finance and trading culture
- Gained experience through trading simulations, case studies, and presentations.
- Growing your network within BP
- Engagements with BP Executives and leadership development opportunities
- Learning about the BP Summer Internship and Graduate Development Programs
- Opportunity to win a bp scholarship (contingent upon full program attendance)
- The virtual Sophomore Experience Program will run every Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00am-1:00pm CST, beginning June 1st and ending June 24th, 2021.
Complete the online application and if successful, you’ll be invited to complete a HireVue virtual interview. Applications will be evaluated based on academic record, virtual interview responses, work experience, demonstrated leadership, community/extracurricular involvement and interest/knowledge of the energy industry. Applications for the Trading & Shipping Sophomore Experience Program will close April 1, 2021.
To be eligible for either program, students MUST:
- Have a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. without work authorization now AND in the future
- Have a graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023