About BRAC and BRAC USA
Based in New York, BRAC USA is the North American affiliate of BRAC. BRAC USA provides comprehensive support to BRAC around the world by raising awareness about its work to empower the poor in 11 countries and mobilizing resources to support programs. BRAC USA works closely with its international counterparts to design and implement cost-effective and evidence-based poverty innovations worldwide. BRAC USA is an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
About the Position
BRAC USA seeks an intern with exceptional writing and research skills to support the Program Team for the spring semester. Reporting to the Program Manager, Research & Learning at BRAC USA, the intern will work with a small but productive Research, Innovation, and Learning team.
This is a paid, part-time internship. The ideal candidate will be able to work remotely 20 – 25 hours per week, preferably in the mornings Monday – Thursday. This internship will begin on June 1, 2021 and will continue for 10 weeks.
- Schedule meetings and document minutes.
- Locate, read, and summarize relevant research articles.
- Draft concise research briefs and literature reviews.
- Complete basic file management and data entry using Google Docs and Sheets.
- As needed, provide more in-depth support on survey development, interview protocol development, qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis.
- As appropriate, assist in the preparation of grant proposals.
- At least a rising senior or equivalent years of education and/or experience.
- A demonstrated passion for international development and BRAC’s mission.
- An aptitude for research (e.g., curiosity, critical thinking, and the ability to summarize information).
- Excellent writing, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Deadline and task-oriented.
- Ability to manage tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented (virtual) environment.
- Flexible and able to work remotely, independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- An interest in women’s economic empowerment and/or digital health interventions preferred.
- Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative tools for data management and analysis preferred.
- A sincere and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to promote and strengthen a culture of belonging at BRAC USA.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (e.g., class paper or another example of writing ability) by March 19, 2021. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with preference given to early applicants.
BRAC USA offers academic credit where permitted.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
BRAC USA values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.