“We encourage all students and alumni to evaluate all on-campus and off-campus employment opportunities. By applying to this position, students are assuming any and all risk of COVID-19 related symptoms or illness”
BRAYN is looking for a new BRAYNiac! Interested in joining our dynamic team?
BRAYN Consulting LLC is a consulting firm that supports CPA firms and their clients in taking full advantage of specialty tax credits and incentives. We are currently a small firm but growing at a fast pace and we need high-quality talent. We serve primarily closely-held, mid-sized companies that allow our partners and staff to experience a penumbra of issues, challenges, and opportunities than those afforded by Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firm.
BRAYN will be the preeminent specialty tax incentives firm by harnessing technology, emotional intelligence, and experience to optimize value for clients and BRAYNiacs alike.
Job Title: Associate- Remote
Summary: Associate will assist tax managers and partners with limited supervision in completing tax incentive studies for a variety of clients
- Complete studies for the R&D tax credit, as well as other special incentives as needed
- Obtain and analyze client data using Excel models,
- Write detailed reports and narratives,
- Research, understand and analyze many internal revenue codes, treasury regulations, tax court cases, and other cases
- Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
- Perform site visits for clients as needed around the country
- Interview clients in-person, over the phone, and via e-mail
- Work remotely from home office
- Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Previous experience with R&D tax credit projects in quantification and documentation preferred
- Some travel required (about 10% of work time traveling)
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
- Strong client interaction skills
- Self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and a good sense of humor
- Must have reliable transportation and secure work location
· Huge room for growth and advancement
· Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, 199D Deduction, 179D Deduction, Cost Segregation, and more
· Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
· Work from home, flexible schedule
· 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available
· Permissive bonuses
· Salary commensurate with experience
Interested? Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Valle at email@example.com