As the third largest accounting firm based in the Southwest, Briggs & Veselka has fostered a unique environment where our professionals are empowered to find the best in themselves and in each other. With offices in Houston, Austin, The Woodlands and El Campo, we offer middle market clients the services of national firms delivered with the high-touch of a local firm. Our culture is very important to us, as evidenced by a retention rate higher than our peer group. And our level of client satisfaction is reflected in our net promoter score of four times the industry average.
The firm’s 14 industry groups and 12 service niches provide audit, tax, and consulting services to clients ranging from individuals to closely-held companies and small-cap public entities. Among those, we also offer a number of advanced services such as forensic accounting, international tax, and cyber security, and are in the top 1.5% of firms in the country providing employee benefit plan audits to over 150 plans – unique for a firm our size. These broad service offerings give our professionals varied career paths based on their skills and interests.
And we take pride in the fact we have served many clients for decades, over generations of management. That’s part of the Legacy – one that you can continue to build with a career at Briggs & Veselka.
Briggs & Veselka is proud to be an equal opportunity employer striving to create a diverse work environment. Veterans, people of color, and those with a disability are especially encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, gender, sex, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Our ideal candidate is expected to work as a full-time intern over a 12-week period. The first week primarily consists of training, where you will be in a classroom setting, taught by the team members you will be working with throughout your internship. Throughout your internship you will:
- Perform the same work as entry level staff
- Experience several engagements and work with clients in varying industries
- Post journal entries and see the engagement through completion
- Interact with clients regularly
- Work in a professional, friendly and challenging environment
- Participate in team meetings, planning sessions and training programs
- Receive mentored direction from experienced staff in various areas of public accounting
The right audit candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all levels of the organization and with our clients.
- Ability to work full time in the Houston or Austin Area and in the US without restrictions
- Completed at least 70 hours towards an Accounting Degree